Friday, May 22, 2015

3 days, 19 hours, 0 minutes until I come back.

(I'm taking a half a day at work today). 


I think that most people are. And while most of them have Holiday weekend plans, that's just not the case for me. Most people go out of town and head straight for a lake. Don't ask me what the connection between water and Memorial Day is, because I couldn't even begin to tell you. However, all you hear about for this particular weekend is three days off, lake, beer, etc. While it really should be spent remembering those who have served our Country (I love and respect you guys!!), people tend to forget that for some reason.

I would just like to put it out there while I can- Thank you guys (and gals); I know that you are under-appreciated and the lengths that you go and the strain that you put on not only yourselves, but also your families, there's just no words or enough gratitude that can thoroughly express it. Thank you. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart. It's because of you that we get to live in this amazing Country and enjoy all the little things. It's because of you that I can even write this and that anything and everything is possible. Again, thank you!!

Ok, enough with the heavy.

Like I was saying, I'm taking a half a day at work today (11:00). Is it because I have amazing weekend plans that I want to get a head start on? No. I do however need to run about 50 errands, do laundry, clean the house and pick up a bunch of random things. I know, I shouldn't be so wild and crazy.

My cousin and his wife are having a cook-out on Sunday (Race Day), because for some reason my family has always celebrated that. Which is a little strange to me, seeing as there's only like six people that like to watch and/or listen to it (and that's usually only on the actual race day, not all season long). But who am I to try and screw with or re-manage tradition? No one, that's who. And the rest of the time, who knows what will be going on.

So, to everyone out there I say: Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Be safe, be friendly and while it's always nice to have time off of work or to spend time with your loved ones, just take a moment to remember that we get to do all of that because of the ones that have in the past, that do in the present and that will in the future protect us. Have a great time and remember DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment