Thursday, May 21, 2015

I have a 'ME' sense of fashion.

{This post was semi-inspired by a lovely lady named Whitney Way Thore. She's a firm believer in no body shaming and just being yourself; I stand behind her 100%. To follow her on Instagram go to- @whitneywaythore and to see my multiple fashion woes and follow my life go to- @kdhopwood}

I've always been one of those girls that wears exactly what she wants. I don't really care what other people think about my wardrobe choices and I'm not one to demand to be caught up on the newest trends. If anything I have my own set of guidelines and rules. I'm just very much me. I'm sure that there are people out there that look at me and think that I'm dressed weird, or that I'm chubby or about five million other things. But you know what? I didn't ask for their opinions nor do I value them. I'm a firm believer in everyone being unique and themselves. If everyone was the same life would be woefully boring. And I'm not trying to make some huge statement or talk down about people, that's not it at all. I'm just trying to understand why people feel that it's necessary to downgrade other people for the way that they look. Hey, all those people that look down their noses, you might not be a quarter as pretty or grand as you think that you are. Afterall, a ugly heart stays that way. There's no amount of make-up, product or dieting that will fix that. To me, ugly only lives on the inside.

Rule #1: Comfort.


  • This outfit was between me changing out of my work clothes and into pajamas. My baby needed his tummy rubbed, so that was more important than a fashion statement.

I can't walk in heels, I don't like showing a lot of skin and I don't see the point in wearing your clothes so tight that you can't function. How any of the girls can claim to be comfortable when you can clearly tell that they can't even bend their knees to walk is beyond me. (Although, if that's what they want to do, than more power to them, it's just not for me). I like cute clothes, but I'm not going to put myself in the situation with something being so tight or low that I feel uncomfortable with my body and in my own skin. It's just not going to happen.

Rule #2: Stay true to you.


  • Yes, I am wearing camo overalls. Yes, I do have a Daniel Boone hat and muck boots on. And finally yes, Tayder is in my overalls with me. Because YOLO.

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm a bit random and eclectic. Not with just clothes or knick-knacks, but with everything in my everyday life. My personality is very much its own thing. Since the day that I met Betty Lynn she has said that I'm sassy and loveable in all the right ways. I just don't care what people think about me or what I'm wearing. I might have been born in the city, but I was moved at a very young age and raised in the country. Therefore, even though I'm living in the city again, I'm still (always have been and always will be) very much a little country bumpkin at heart.
 
Rule #3: A little wacky and uncoordinated.


  • These are totally my pajamas (it was chilly), I was just outside watering our flowers in the evening. Shh, don't tell.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wear things like this to work, because that would be unprofessional, but who do I have to impress on my own time? Absolutely no one, that's who. And these people out there that are all - "You can't wear that in public" or "I can't believe you would do something like that" and "That's inappropriate" I have a question for y'all. Who in the hell do you think you are? Who done went and died and made you hall monitor of everyone elses wardrobe choices? Huh? If you don't like what someone is wearing or think that it's dumb you know what? There's this amazing little thing called looking the other direction. Seriously, you should try it sometime. Maybe they think that you look equally if not more ridiculous, but do they say anything about it? No. Why? Because some people have better things to do than to judge other people for something so trivial.

Don't even stress if other people don't like you or what you look like. You just do you and tell the Haters to piss off. #nobodyshame

No comments:

Post a Comment