Monday, October 5, 2015

Even if it is only twenty-five minutes.

(We reunited and then had to run multiple circles, because we're busy adults, but we also miss the "kids" that we used to be and all of the fun that we used to have).

In this crazy/chaotic life that I'm currently living (geesh moving..... AmIRight?!!) I forgot to mention something of the utmost importance. And it may not seem like it's incredibly important to the naked eye, but let me just reassure you, it is. Don't listen to all of those nay-sayers out there that try to confuse you and put doubt in your brain, listen to me, because I wouldn't lie to you..... about this. I got to see Mo the weekend of September 26-27.

For about twenty-five minutes in total.

Like I said, most wouldn't think that was anything. Except, when you and your best friend (since fourth grade- we're closing in on two decades together!!) no longer live near each other and your lives are crazy and you don't get to see each other (EVER), every little bit helps. And the only reason that we got to see each other is because she was up in Indiana (no babies- their dads weekend) for her cousins wedding. Remember when I told you that her biological mother lived down the road from my aunt? You gotta love those small worlds.

She wasn't staying at her bio-mom's house, she was actually staying with a cousin of hers, helping set everything for the wedding up. She was quite busy. As was I. Afterall, no one else was going to pack all of our stuff up, move it, and unpack it (that would've been really nice). But she did manage to sneak away for just a couple of minutes on Saturday (during the wedding, before she was missed..... oops) and had a few to spare before they headed back home on Sunday, and I was able to stop the crazy for just a bit, so we met up at my aunts house. Well, technically we ran at each other and met in the middle of the street, but you get the point.

And we talked and laughed, hugged, took a quick picture and then it was back to the craziness that is our existence. But, it was so nice to get to see each other (even for a few minutes) and just made us realize that "Sandbox Love" truly never goes away. We're gonna have to talk about things and either I'm going to have to make a trip to Kentucky (maybe I'll wait until she moves back across the line to Tennessee.....) or she's going to have to make another one up here sometime soon for more than twenty minutes. More like at least a day or two.

Here's looking at you, Mo. I still love you and we still know way too much shit about each other to not be friends at this point in our lives. Afterall, we dealt with a whole lot of "crazy" together.

No comments:

Post a Comment