Thursday, October 22, 2015

In between The Rock and the UK

(Tayder always watches TV with me- Even when he's sleepy).


Momma and I watched a couple good movies over the last few weeks. The first one that we watched was when I was sick and had to stay home from work on a Tuesday (I puked up red fettuccine noodles out of my nose..... I know it's disgusting, sorry). That day as I laid on the couch with Tayder and only went outside for about twenty minutes, hoping that the fresh air would make me feel better, we watched- San Andreas.

Have you heard of it? If not, let me tell you a little bit about it. It's a "natural disaster" movie that has Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (and no, I will never not call him "The Rock", dammit) and Carla Gugino as the main characters. DTRJ is a Los Angeles Fire Department Air Rescue pilot and Carla is his estranged wife. Alexandra Daddario plays their daughter.

Let me just say that movie is awesome and if you like those kinds of movies than you should definitely watch it. Hell, even if you don't like those movies you should watch it. Trust me on this one. DTRJ is a badass, Carla Gugino is a badass, basically just everybody in the movie is a badass. Except Ioan Gruffudd. He's a douche canoe in it, but other than that, filled with badasses.

Best part of the movie? (And trust me, there are a lot):

Emma Gaines: "You left my daughter?! If you're not dead already, I'm gonna f****** kill you". Ray Gaines: "That's my girl."

The other movie that we watched was over this past weekend and it was- Spy. You know which one I mean, the one with Melissa McCarthy, Jason Statham and Jude Law. The one that was supposed to be real funny. Yeah, it wasn't real funny, it was damn hilarious!! Everyone that I know that's seen it has been like- "Who knew Jason Statham was so funny?!" And I'm over here like- "Me. I did. That would be me." If you didn't realize that he was funny, then you have issues.

However, even I wasn't prepared for just how hilarious that he would be. I don't know if I stopped laughing through the whole thing. Of course Momma left the living room to do something else during both movies, because she doesn't watch anything real long, but all the parts that she did watch, she cracked up.

I must have really needed a good laugh and this one more than delivered. I'm a fan of all of the stars, so it was a pretty easy choice for me to watch it, but I've been suggesting it to people ever since. The plot is simple, Melissa McCarthy is a desk-bound CIA analyst and eventually she has to go out into the field as an undercover spy wherein hilarity ensues. Jason Statham and Jude Law are also spies. I don't want to give away too much, but believe me when I say if you need to laugh- watch it!!

Best part of the movie? (Once again, this is hard to narrow down).

Rick Ford: "You really think you’re ready for the field? I once used defibrillators on myself. I’ve pulled shards of glass out of my f****** eye. I’ve jumped from a high-rise building using only a raincoat as a parachute and broke both legs upon landing. And I still had to pretend I was in a f****** Cirque du Soleil show! I’ve swallowed enough microchips and shit them back out again to make a computer. This arm has been ripped off completely and reattached with this f****** arm." Susan Cooper: "I don’t know that that’s possible. I mean, medically." 

Just thought I would let you guys know, watch both films, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment