Thursday, December 24, 2015

And on this (pre) Christmas Day.

(Feel free to ignore the bags under my eyes- they're always there).


Momma is finally out of the hospital- she actually got out yesterday afternoon. And we couldn't be happier about it if we tried. I mean, I guess I can't speak for the both of us, but I'm pretty much 100% sure that she is extremely happy about it too. She's still got a long road ahead of her, but like all of the other ones that we've had to go down (and there have been some real doozies), we'll do it together. (And Tayder was depressed and won't leave our sides now- I think he missed us and is happy we're finally home).

Ok, let's get away from that for now (because it makes me so damn sad).

I went to work this morning (it was the first time I've been there all week) and caught up on all of the paperwork that has been put off (I reckon it was a real long week for Dani- Sorry, Dani!!). I'm not going to lie, there was quite a bit. There wasn't really enough to stress me out, but there was enough to keep me going steady. Which is the way I like it, that way time seems to pass faster and I don't end up wanting to throw myself down the stairs.

Jayna came into work with Dani and played and laughed the whole time that they were there (they left at 10:30- I left at 11:15). We exchanged gifts (I received those amazing gifts that you see in that picture- Wine & Meaty: Essays by Samantha Irby and I gifted Dani with a Snuggie, because believe it or not, that's all she's wanted for a year and I got a gift card and pretty awesome scarf from Uncle Roger; I love them all!! Also, I remembered everybody's Christmas present and Uncle Rogers birthday present so- Katie. For. The. Win.), talked about a couple of things and just basically did the few things that we had to get done. And Jayna loved her gift from me- yay!!

Side note #1: Dani snuck a little present (it was a joke book) under our tree at work and we convinced Jayna that Santa had dropped it off just for her. She not only believed it, but then explained to us all how it could be true. Apparently Santa is a the smartest man alive (sorry, Hawking) and Dani's seven year old is really a forty-five year old in disguise. Ha- that makes me chuckle.

Oh!! Oh!! Guess what I got?!! Go ahead- GUESS!! Ok, I'll tell you- a 49 in Tv!!! I know, right?!! Momma started bidding on it on that "Quibids" thing (she wanted to get me one for Christmas and of course we can't afford one, but she thought what the hell, I'll try it anyways- and it worked!!) and she won!! She actually won!! And I'm pretty excited about it (which I'm sure you can tell). It's used and doesn't have a matching remote (but the one that came with it is kind of a universal remote and it does everything that it's supposed to do so we're good with it!!

This evening we all (Momma, Poot, Uncle Darrell and I) went to Don and Barbs Christmas Eve/ Pizza Party (Greg didn't go, because he had to work)!! They invited us a long time ago (we each invite the others to whatever it is when we're having something) and Momma actually felt well enough to go. We all had a lot of fun laughing, talking, listening to music, eating homemade cooking and singing Christmas carols (we may or may not have drank a shit ton of Hot Damn w/ Cider and drunkenly sung them all..... Oops?!). And Don and Barb?! You did not have to get us a present- thank y'all, but it was unnecessary. You guys are awesome and it was nice to meet even more of your family!!

Side note #2: Remind me to tell you about the damn conversation that I had to have with Ashley, because she informed me that she has "found the perfect guy for me" and I was forced to tell her hell no, because I don't want to date. Nothing personal, I just don't feel like it. And yes, I am good with that. And no, I don't think that I'm missing out on anything. Thank you though.

And by the time we got home we were pretty tired (and tipsy). I took my shower, Momma dozed off on the couch and now I'm sitting in the chair writing and Momma is watching our awesome Tv. We had to open a Christmas present tonight, because it's our "family tradition" to open one on Christmas Eve (and it's only a tradition, because Momma and I got tired of listening to Greg for years on end). We're waiting until tomorrow night to open the rest of them though (completely against Greg's will and protests), so that "Carla" can open hers with the rest of us. Yes, he's throwing a fit, because we're waiting on his girlfriend to open presents- I know, right?!!

Momma and I have to make Grammy's potato salad and deviled eggs in the morning and we're of course going to Poot and Uncle Darrell's for Christmas dinner and all of that good stuff. But I'm not trying to rush anything, because the more I do, the closer Monday gets. And screw that.

Merry Christmas Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment