Friday, April 1, 2016

I reset my alarm clock three times this morning.

(I never do that shit).


Dude, I know that Easter was almost a week ago, but I assume that it's ok, because St. Paddy's Day was almost a month ago and I wasn't around for that either. You win some, you lose some. And in all honesty, Momma and I finished It's Always Sunny a few weeks ago (yes, we watched all ten seasons over a period of time) and now I really just don't know what to do with my life. You call it sad, I call it what I like to do. We'll agree to disagree.

I really did reset my alarm clock three different times this morning. I've never been one to do that. Even when I was a kid I was always the one that got up out of bed as soon as my alarm went off. Technically I probably don't even need an alarm, because I wake up before it even goes off and just wait for it. When I used to spend the night with my friends they would get super pissed, because their parents would say it was time to get up and I would shoot straight up out of bed while they laid there in protest. I've just always got immediately up.

But today was not one of those days.

I didn't even ever fall back asleep or anything. I just laid there with Tayder under the blankets all snuggled in and listened to that damn dodo-bird that lives outside my window. And no, I'm not sure that it's a dodo-bird, but that's what I call it. If I didn't already have an arch nemesis, this bird would take that title. Luckily for him, that title is already taken and I don't like when animals of any kind get hurt. BUT ONE OF THESE DAYS, BIRD!!

Oh yeah, so back to Easter. We went down to Aunt Poot/ Uncle Darrell's (as per our holiday tradition). We ended up making potato salad, pea salad (vomit), deviled eggs, mac and cheese, and mini cheesecakes. But not just any kind of mini cheesecakes. Momma found a recipe online that she wanted to try so we ended up making caramel apple cheesecakes. Except it was the first time that I had ever made caramel and the recipe said that it went from caramel to burnt really quickly, and I got scared, so we ended up having light caramel. It still tasted pretty good though. And I dyed the deviled eggs multiple colors for Uncle Darrell. And then a day and a half later they (Aunt Poot, Uncle Darrell, and Solae) left for Florida for almost a week. But not because of the eggs, so it's all good.

I'm so glad that it's Friday. It's been kind of a long week, but also not really. You can probably tell that I'm delirious. It's supposed to be rainy/cold this weekend (because the weather is going through menopause) and I kind of just want to crawl up in the chair with Tayder and chill with him and Momma while we watch- Diners, DriveIns, and Dives. Ah, now that's a good time.

We shall see how all of that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment