Wednesday, April 27, 2016

She made me feel incredibly old.

(Good thing I don't give a crap).

I have never had a problem with age. With mine or anyone elses. I don't put a great deal of thought into it and I'm still in the mindset that you are as old as you feel..... in your heart. Personally, I've always been a bit of an old lady. Everything about me is a bit older than I actually am. The way I dress, how I wear my hair, even my feelings towards everyday life things. And I'm good with it.

And when you have this mindset, you get to laugh at the things that should make you feel off about your age, but no matter what, you always find more humor than anything there. Case in point, the conversation that I had with my ex-boyfriend's little sister (via FB).


That whole Final Destination thing? Well, that would probably start with her older brother (my ex-boyfriend). Technically there are three of them, because they both have an older brother, and while we spent time together, I spent far more time with Little C. I mean, I call her Little C, because to me she always will be..... even though she is very much a grown woman now. When her brother and I met, we were friends. We were good friends, but friends nonetheless. But even when I was "friend zoned" (again- another day), I met his entire family and spent time with them. His girlfriend didn't, but I did. I know, it is as weird as that just sounded.

I spent quite a bit of time with his mother and little sister, because they would come over to our house to pick him up and eventually Little C just wanted to hang out. She's about five years younger than me, so when I met her, she was about ten years old or so. After her brother and I started dating, we spent even more time together. I even went on vacation with their family while Momma was on vacation with Grammy and Aunt Linda. We went snorkeling, swimming, boating, and about a million other water related things (we lived in Florida). When we came back, I ended up staying one more night with them at their house. Momma didn't get back until the next morning and while I insisted that I would be fine home alone, his mother wasn't having it.

So, I stayed the night and we (Little C, her brother, and I) decided to watch a movie while their mom and step-dad went out. They ordered us pizza and specifically stated that Little C was to pick the movie..... nothing inappropriate..... or scary. Seemed easy enough. Next thing I know I came back to the living room (I answered the door for pizza) and asked Little C what movie she had picked since it was already going through previews. She told me it was a surprise and I let it go. Apparently her brother knew what she had picked, but thought that she was old enough to handle it. After I found out what it was and tried to stop it, I was immediately out voted, because they both wanted to see it.

So, there we sat watching Final Destination 3(?). And after all was said and done, nothing seemed unusual. A few hours later I fell asleep on the couch and about an hour later I woke up, because I felt someone staring at me. It was Little C..... in the middle of the night.... asking if she could sleep on the couch with me so she could make sure that I was "ok" and "not scared." I of course caved and we both managed to fit on the couch, but to this day she's never fully recovered.

She still hates those movies with a passion. And I still love her little punkass.

No comments:

Post a Comment