Sunday, June 19, 2016

I've been lucky to play characters that are really broad. -Anton Yelchin

Today I was incredibly sad to learn that Anton Yelchin passed away. (3/11/89 - 6/9/16). He's gone to that 27 Club in the sky.

He's only a year older than me and one of my very favorite actors.... it just doesn't seem right or fair. This wasn't some crazy thing that he had done to himself or anything of that nature, it was legitimately just a freak accident.

The first thing that I ever watched Anton Yelchin in was Alpha Dog. Honestly, I think that might have been the first time alot of people saw him and if they were anything like me, they stood up and took attention.

The second movie I ever watched with him was Terminator: Salvation.... followed shortly by Star Trek.

There was just something about him that made me want to watch every single movie and play and show that he's ever been in. Whether it's his facial expressions, his voice.... or even just something in his eyes, I couldn't say.

He's just so incredibly young and had so much of himself to offer the world that it seems unfair that all of his life and potential was cut so short.

Then again, I guess it always kind of does in situations like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment