Thursday, July 21, 2016

When your friend is a sarcastic asshole..... and you kind of love it.

(You ever have a friend that just accepts your crudeness?).

I don't know about you guys, but I have some of the best friends that a girl could ever ask for. They're funny, smart, kind, and a couple of us have been through far more than regular people usually do. I'm not sure what it is, but when it comes to my friendships, I feel like they're just far superior to all others. I know that most people feel like that, but I truly believe it.

And I think this about all of my friends. Whether we have been friends since the sandbox, worked together at some point, or just so happen to be new friends. It's easy for me to say this, because I don't have many people in my life that I considered true friends. Acquaintances, yes. Friends, no.

Every now and then though, no matter how much you love your friend or how long you guys have known each other, you find yourself kind of censoring yourself. Whether it's because they don't use the language that you use, or it's because they believe something that you don't, you kind of just sit there nodding along and not saying exactly what you're thinking, because you want to spare their feelings.

But then, oh, you find that select friend (or friends) that you're just real with 24/7, 100% of the time. And you're not sure why, but you are, and it's actually a little bit on the cathartic side. You have no filter, you say whatever it is that you're thinking right when you think it, and together y'all talk about some of the most random shit that either of you could ever think of.

Nothing's off limits.

And you come to realize that you guys should have met each other far sooner, and things would probably be a lot different than they are right now. Mostly because the other one would've been there to call the second out on being such a ditz when it came to relationships and life choices. And vice versa. Don't think for a second that the other one would get off the hook, because that shit just wouldn't go down like that.

I have a couple of few friends like that. One old, one older, and one on the relatively new side. I don't know exactly what it is about these three individuals that makes me want to just tell them exactly what's happening, but they do and I do.

Whether our conversations are about family or friends, movies, the levels on which our crudeness is based, work days, or what our favorite song happens to be at that moment, it's never not entertaining. And for someone to still want to be my friend at the levels that my sass and crudeness can get, is really saying something about their character. I don't know what, maybe they're crazy too, but it definitely says it. I talk to them about any and every thing and I think that they feel the same way when they need/want to talk to me. Just no judgment, fear, or persecution.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment