Monday, July 11, 2016

Yellow Fever that just so happens to be Pink.

(I'll recap. And spout randomness. It's your choice to stay or not).

Do you ever feel like you've truly missed your calling?

This past weekend was very interesting. It was full of fun, and laughter, and random text messages (or, FB messages), and now I know what my true calling is. And what it is, is that I should've been a stay at home dog-mom. WHAT?! Did you think that I was going to get all philosophical on you? Calm down, I'm not trying to get all heavy, I'm just trying to tell you that if they wanted to tag on two or three more days onto my weekend, I would let them. And probably love them forever and ever.






































The interesting all started on Friday when I accidentally tagged a random FB friend of mine (that I may or may not have had a crush on when I was like, eleven..... and worked with his mom and she told on me, thanks Ang) in a picture of me and my friend Shelley's little boy. I had no idea how I did it, and especially had no clue in how to undo it. So, I sent him a message, and then had to send him an additional one, because I figured out how to un-tag him. And all of that is only interesting, because it led to a two days conversation of the most random shit that you could ever think of.

And then I did a crapton of yard work. BUT it all got done, so I'm good with it. Shit..... I still have to plant those tomato plants that Dani gave me. Oops.

Side note: On July 6th my Grammy had been gone for four years. It still doesn't feel real. We set off a lantern for her, like we have for the past four years, and watched it until it floated out of our eyesight. We even called Uncle Robbie, Aunt Winnie, and Shantel and told them to look out and up, and they seen it float by too. Right over their house, it was great. I love you, Grammy, and miss you everyday. Xoxo.

Momma and I had a couple of errands to run Saturday, but we spent the majority of time down at Aunt Poot's..... drinking. Yes, judge us if you must, but no regrets from over here. And when I say "we" all drank, I do mean we ALL drank. (We were having a drink called "yellow fever", but since we make it with strawberry lemonade instead of just regular, it's pink, so it's out pink yellow fever. Or, something like that). I drank so much that I actually held a baby. I know, crazy.

But once we got home (no worries, we literally live around the corner within walking distance of each other), Momma napped (she's had a rough head cold for about four days), and I decided to make chicken stir-fry like I was Bobby Flay or some shit. It worked out in the end though, because we ate it and Aunt Poot came down and got her and Uncle Darrell some, and there was plenty (and some leftovers) to go around. Plus, I had to send a picture of the process of me cooking the stir-fry to a friend, because I felt that other people should be impressed at my "mad cooking skills". Man, I got jokes.

OH! Have y'all seen the movie "London Has Fallen" yet?! If not, I highly recommend it. If Mike Banning can't protect you, you're just outright screwed. Momma and I started watching it Friday night, but let's be honest, between the late time we started, and the allergy meds I had to take (she has to take meds every night), we didn't get to pay that much attention. SO we legit watched it yesterday. It was fantastic.

All in all, I have to say, this was a pretty great weekend. No fussing, fighting, or arguing. It was just everyone having fun and going from there. If everyday could be like that, we'd be good to go. The Boogie is coming up this week, Uncle Darrell leaves Thursday, and Ash and Val are heading out Friday. Momma and I usually go out to dinner with Aunt Poot and Solae when they head out, but Aunt Poot hasn't mentioned it this year (that I know of), so I don't know what's happening. In all fairness though, I'm usually the last to know.

I go to the "lady doc" this coming Wednesday, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment