Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I watched the movie Everest (the true story of the actual 1996 disaster).

(Because Jason Clarke, Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Brolin, and John Hawkes).


Before I watched the movie Everest:

I want to summit Mount Everest. I feel like if I work hard enough, apply myself, and train hard I can do it. What does it take? At least 1 year of hardcore training in cardio, weight lifting, and breath control. 40 days to train your body to "handle" Everest. As soon as you start to summit your body literally starts dying. It's not called the "Death Zone" for nothing. My body will just be trying to preserve itself. It's ok, I can handle this. I'm going to do it. It's nearly impossible, but it can be done. And it can be done by ME.

While I was watching Everest:

Did he just say that he had to pay $65,000.00 to climb Everest? In 1996? What the hell does that come to in 2016 with inflation?!!

..... This dude is a straight up philosopher. Seriously, shit is getting deep up in here.

Umm, I'm no expert, BUT I'm pretty sure that if you're 23,400 feet up, and puking off of a mountain..... Maybe you should go back down and rest a bit. Just a suggestion.

I know this is a true story, because I was like six years old when this happened, and I remember seeing new stories about it on the tv, but..... Did that guys nose and hands really have to be amputated, because of severe frostbite and gangrene?

***immediately googles Beck Weathers and learns that, because of the frostbite and gangrene he had to have his right arm, all of his left fingers, half of both feet, and nose all amputated***

Me after watching Everest and reading all about the 1996 disaster:

Ah, I guess I don't really need to climb Everest. I mean, what are goals, dreams, and aspirations compared to feet, arms, and noses?! It's highly unsafe.

Dammit, I still want to do it. My mother should have had me tested, I'm clearly unstable.

No comments:

Post a Comment