Friday, August 12, 2016

Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at supper time.

(And for lunch today, because yolo.).


I have a couple of friends named Tabby that I've known almost my entire life, and her husband Mikey (who is also my friend and have known forever and a day), that used to live next door to us in apartment#2 in Tennessee. We all like to refer to that time as the "you never know when one of us is gonna show up and eat your food and use your freezer" phase. Basically, we left our doors unlocked and all of us would come in and out of each others places and it was kind of like we all lived together just separated by one big wall.

It worked for us.

We had movie nights (Mikey had a giant tv and we made good use of it- Star Trek? YES.), cooked for each other, ran to the others bathroom if ours was occupied, watched each others dogs (and their cat), and all was well that ended well. Or, however that saying goes. We never had any problems and I'd go on record about saying they're pretty much the best neighbors (and friends) that you could have.

Tabby and me like to cook. She's more of a recipe kind of gal and I'm more of a "fly by the seat of your pants and see what happens" kind. We learned that when you put those two things together, you can come up with some very interesting things. By far, my favorite thing that she ever cooked for me (and she cooked a lot) is her bbq/chicken pizza. It is so amazing and delicious. I'm hungry right now just thinking about it. I haven't had it in so long (since before we moved to Indiana), and I wanted it so bad that I sent her a message for the recipe (because you don't want to fly on this one- it's fantastic just like she makes it).

Her message to me:

Bbq chicken pizza is really easy. ...... All you need is: a pizza crust (I use the kind in a can like biscuits); boneless skinless chicken; bbq sauce; sliced tomatoes; onion (I use red onion) and mozzarella cheese;

Step 1: Cook chicken in skillet basting with bbq sauce
Step 2: Cook pizza crust according to directions
Step 3: To assemble pizza, spread bbq sauce all over crust, shred chicken and add next, then add cheese, on top of cheese add tomatoes and onions and cook (350° for however long it needs). Some people like a crispier crust, some like it a bit softer.

Seriously, that's it.

P.S. I totally added pineapple to ours, because we had it, it went, and it was so very delicious. #NoRegrets

You like her whole "add cheese on top of cheese" comment? We are definitely a couple of cheese lovers (except blue cheese, because ew gross). And now, thanks to her, I have a delicious new dinner (or let's be honest, snack) to make often. I know it's fantastic all by itself, but if I get the chance to throw pineapple on something, I usually do. Except salad, I don't want any kind of fruit in my salad.

I may not make the prettiest pizzas, but thanks to her I sure do make a delicious one.

No comments:

Post a Comment