Tuesday, October 4, 2016

I'm not actually going to do it.

You guys ever have one of those moments that you think to yourself- "if I wasn't such a puss, I'd totally do that"? I am currently having one of those moments and even though I know I won't be giving into it anytime soon (if ever in my lifetime), it's still a random thought that crosses my mind.

It plagues every woman's mind at one point or another.... or continuously. And that thought?

......... maybe I should just cut my hair.


But, I don't just think "maybe I should cut my hair".... I always take it a step further by thinking "maybe I should cut my hair.... REALLY SHORT." What's the worse that could happen.... right?!

I'll tell you what the worse that could happen is, I could end up looking like some weird combo of Sméagol and Lloyd Christmas, that's what. And if we're totally honest with each other, we would just admit that the chance of that happening are pretty high.


Besides, every time I do cut my hair, I end up hating it. Like, on a whole new horizon of hate. We're talking Ursula the Sea Witch up in here. The last time my hair was long and I cut it shorter, I hated it. Legit hated it. I actually cried once; not because I hated it to the brink of tears, but once I realized I couldn't pull it up into a proper ponytail, the eye water just flowed.

And my hair is WAY longer now and I'm talking about cutting it FAR shorter than it has ever been.

I'm not actually going to do it (one, because I'm fairly certain that I'd hate it, my hair is afterall, down to the far middle of my back right now and two, because you know, Lloyd), but Momma and I were talking the other night and I told her that if I ever cut my hair "short" again, I was just gonna go all out and pixie that shit. She decided that would be the way to do it.

But for now, I'll keep my long hair (I'm still in my twenties and can relatively still "maintain" my mop.... contrary to popular belief and the fact that I regularly look like a hobo), and think about the haircut that could have been.

....And I'll leave this picture as a dare to do it.... and the other as a reminder of why I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment