Thursday, December 22, 2016

Blanket scarves are so very warm and I'm in love.

Tomorrow is our company Christmas party. And while I'm all for a little celebration (and some food), I kind of just want to go into hibernation and not be around people.... that's totally understandable.... right?!

Did y'all know that Twisted Sisters has a version of "Oh come, all ye faithful?!" I totally forgot about it and just got reminded via the Christmas radio station that Dani forces me to listen to we listen to at work.

Speaking of Christmas.... it's in three days. Or, two days, because on the third day when you wake up it is Christmas.... however you want to count it. Before that though, we have the previously mentioned company Christmas party (Dani only made me responsible for ordering food.... that reminds me, I have to call about some pizza today), and Aunt Susi/Uncle Roger are having a Christmas eve party at their house. I don't know what all y'all are trying to do, it's almost like you're trying to trick me into "being in the holiday spirit" or some shit like that.


Just call me Grinchy McScroogepants.

It's not that I have a distaste for holidays (I'm in love with Halloween), it's just that, there always seems to be so much pressure associated with it. Maybe this year will be different? The last few years haven't been horrible.... they've been real nice.... but I never "feel" what they say you are supposed to. You know, like on Hallmark Christmas movies. I never have that "feeling."

Nevertheless, I did help bake two different kind of cookies (double chocolate cherry cookies and chewy sugar cookies) and made a buttload of fudge and one batch of old-fashioned hard candy. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that I'm well into this holiday season.... I've totally got this.

We were going to make more cookies, candy, and two different kinds of mints (cream cheese and peppermint patties), but Momma and Aunt Poot did the Christmas boxes yesterday and we had enough, so no more mandatory baking from here on out. Although, I am going to have to make some more of those cookies some day, because I didn't even get to eat any of them!

Yesterday (12/21) was the first day of Winter? Could've fooled me.... you know, since it was -2 on Monday. Stay warm out there, folks!! It's going to be a long Winter.... or not. I don't really know.

Wish me luck on these next couple of days.... I think it's going to be a lot of fun (but I'm still going to want to hibernate through it). Oh, and just think, I get two three-day day weekends in a row coming up. Yay, for me and mine!!

Stay safe out there and have a wonderful holiday season with your loved ones.... Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment