Monday, December 19, 2016

What's worse? Being cold? Being pukey? Or, being cold while pukey?!

It was one degree outside when I left for work this morning. ONE.

Now, I know that I get up in the morning and I'm out the door for work by 6:00 am.... and I know that winter mornings are colder than winter afternoons (no sun), but y'all have to agree that no matter if you know that it's coming or not, you're never quite prepared for one degree weather until it hits you.

And trust me, a 4:45 am mini walk with your pup so he can potty while you're wearing pajama pants, house shoes, and a coat definitely hits you. Or, at least it did me.


Luckily, there's very little snow out and ice is at the low end.... for now. Honestly, I hope it stays that way, because while cold doesn't tend to bother me (I'll just wear a sweater), I am not a fan of ice/snow. Last Thursday I was cleaning off our car and managed to hit a patch of ice, fall off the curb, hurt my right knee and bend the three middle fingers on my left hand backwards. Because Grace, I am not.

Remember when I told everybody that I had been sick and was feeling better, but still a bit puny? Well.... I may or may not have spent the day throwing up. Like, a lot. As soon as I got to work this morning I had to open Bonehead's door and started heaving.... and all throughout the day. Honestly though, I don't think that I'm sick. I mean, sure "sick" but not "SICK." Does that make sense? No? Hear me out.

I think that I'm having an acid reflux thing going on (how f*cking old am I getting?) that's making me puke everything that I eat/drink.... and bile.... up. That in turn is making me feel like crap, because I can't get anything to stay on my stomach and we all know how much I love food.

Update: it is now Tuesday and while I still feel a bit cruddy (yeah, that's a word), I am feeling better(ish). I got some over the counter acid reflux medicine (seriously, how old am I?) and since I started religiously over-medicating with them.... I feel better. Better(ish). Can I get a Hallelujah?!

HELLUR-LUJAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment