Friday, January 13, 2017

A Public Service Announcement.

I'm not going to wear pants at all this weekend if I can keep from it. Kidding, I'll have to wear some when I take Tayder outside to potty.... and probably if I have to go to the store or something. Hopefully though, we'll be staying in, because according to the people on the news, a winter storm is heading our way.

And it's Friday the 13th. And there's supposed to be a full moon tonight.

So, technically if you added it up the score would be somewhere in the ballpark of: The Universe:03, All the rest of us:0. Then again, they just added Alice Through the Looking Glass and It Follows on Netflix today and I have a bottle of wine, bbq chicken, and some liquid sleeping meds to knock me on my ass. So, I ask you, who's the real winner in all of this?


My brother brought me to work this morning and Aunt Poot is going to pick me up this evening (thanks, guys), as I still can't fully drive by myself yet (you have to keep your permit for at least six months before you take the driving test), and I don't know if I'm going to be leaving the house again for the weekend once I get there.

Like I said, maybe to get Qdoba nachos (yum!).... no, I really won't go and get nachos (*le sigh), but it sounded good to me.

The weather is supposed to get pretty gnarly (yes, I still say gnarly #paulyshoregrooveforlife) tonight. I don't know if it really will (hope not), because they can't seem to predict what it's going to do these days. Between the 70 degree weather one days and 30 degree with winds at 85 mph the next, it's becoming ever so clear that Mother Nature is on her period and is wreaking havoc, because of it. Don't get me wrong, I get it, girl, "that time of the month" isn't anything to mess with.... but damn.

I've resorted to wearing two pairs of socks a day, but I never know if I'm going to have to remove them halfway through the day or not. I'm telling you, shit is getting real and I'm having to do a whole lot of laundry.

And there are a lot of reports that people have already begun to sweep the grocery stores to get their emergency milk, eggs, and bread for the impending storm.... and then the guy on the radio wanted to know what people were eating with just those three items. People had a bunch of suggestions, but all it did to me was make me crave french toast (because one woman said french toast, because people usually have the rest for it in their cabinets). Either way, let's get through this work day, get home, and prepare for an evening full of winter storms, Tayder cuddles, junkfood (#noregrets), sleepy meds, and Johnny Depp.

Stay safe and warm out there, folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment