Wednesday, August 2, 2017

This past Sunday (7/30) was my big brother's birthday.

I don't know if y'all remember my only sibling or not.... but he just turned thirty-one and my jokes are only getting better with his age. I don't think thirty-one is old AT ALL.... except when it involves him. (So. Many. Jokes.).

With age for him has come many things. However, the capacity to do laundry, take out the trash, mow the lawn, vacuum, cook, flush the toilet, and other household chores/regular shit that adults do apparently aren't any of those "acquired" things that he seems to have picked up. He does kind of creak when he stands up too quick or has been sleeping for awhile, so that's kind of fun (for me).

He was off on his birthday this year and while his girlfriend took him out for a bit, they left the baby with us (against my will and I did not agree to it).... and it was a bit difficult. But, whatever, I did my sisterly duty for the decade day and he better not try to pull that shit again. (I'm watching you, dude).
I would like to share with you some stories about all the love and affection that my family showers upon people on their birthdays every year.... but that's not how we roll. Instead, we prefer to harass you for an entire day and proceed to drink. Which isn't all that different from any other day, but we tell you that we're doing it "in your honor" so you can feel special while pickling our livers.

Also, I was taking trash out and trying to figure out where all of the laundry in the basket had come from (I did ALL of the laundry yesterday when I got home from work) at 2:50 this morning and I'll give you two guesses where it all of the mess came from. But you'll only need the one guess, because IT WAS HIM.

He seems to have enjoyed his day and we were all grilling out anyways (his, my aunt, and my cousins birthdays are all within like three days of each other).... not to mention Ashley caught the grill on fire and that shit was hilarious. And then we all wished happy birthdays and took naps (because of the drinking).... in his honor, of course.

So.... here's to you (three days late), big bro. I love you, but seriously.... flush the f*cking toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment