Friday, September 1, 2017

And nineteen years later we'll all meet up at the Platform.

Most people that know me know that I am an avid Harry Potter fan. Well.... I'm mostly a Ron Weasley fan, but for the sake of argument, we'll go with Harry Potter.

The fact that my generation of Harry Potter lovers have the best nickname ever is just an added bonus. What do they call us?! Well.... Potterheads.... of course.

I talk about it as often as possible and some of my very favorite memories are associated with the world that JK Rowling was kind enough to share with the rest of us.


Fun fact: Did you know studies have shown that fans of Harry Potter tend to be more politically tolerant, politically active, open to diversity, and less authoritarian?! If not, you do now.

And today is a special day for Harry Potter fans like me. You see, on this day- September 1, 2017- Albus Severus Potter, Rose Granger-Weasley, and Scorpius Malfoy all gathered on Platform 9 3/4 and headed off to Hogwarts for the very first time.

To celebrate that fact, we're off to start a three day weekend (after I leave today I won't officially have to be back at work for 3 days, 14 hours, 59 minutes, and 34 seconds).... ok, the reason for that might actually be Labor Day weekend, but we're going to pretend that it's in celebration of the Golden Trio's kids heading off to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

No comments:

Post a Comment