Saturday, September 2, 2017

My thoughts on the first season of Vice Principals. (Part I).

*Most of the people that know me well know that I am a HUGE Walton Goggins fan. I'm convinced that he can do no wrong and even when he plays a horrible character, he's so good at making you WANT his character to get the shit beat out of him.

I'm also a big Danny McBride fan. I mean, Pineapple Express, Land of the Lost, Your Highness, This Is The End.... what's not to love?! He's hilarious and can pretty much make me crack up no matter what kind of mood I'm in. (I haven't gotten the chance to see- Eastbound and Down- yet, but I want to!).

If you put those two men together, do you know what you have? A hilarious show that you laugh at, but it still makes you cringe on occasion. And that's where their show comes in.... Vice Principals.

Now, it airs on HBO, but I don't have movie channels, so I had to wait until the first season came out on dvd (which is what I'll have to do with the second season that's airing right now).... and it was worth the wait!

Knowing that is was going to be only a two season-18 episode adventure from the very beginning, I was more than willing to give it a go and not worry about committing too much.... but that blew up in my face and now I wish they were extending over two seasons. But hey, might as well enjoy it while we can, right?!*


Episode One (Chapter One): The Principal

Official Synopsis: "After their principal resigns, Vice Principals Neal Gamby and Lee Russell face off for the newly opened position. Both, however, are distraught when they meet the new principal, Dr. Belinda Brown, and agree to team up to take her down."

My thoughts: "First off.... Bill Murray is the f*cking principal that's retiring?! That's hilarious. You would think that I would be tired of Danny McBride's soft feelings and poutiness when his characters don't get their way, BUT I'M NOT. So, there are two vice principals at this school? Cool, cool. I wasn't aware that you needed a vice principal for discipline and another vice principal for the academic portion, but since it gives me the duo of Walton Goggins and Danny McBride, I'll go with it. Neither of these two is going to be the new principal? Bill Murray doesn't trust either of them enough and hired a stranger instead?! Ha! And now they're teaming up to take her down? This is gonna be good."

Episode Two (Chapter Two): A Trusty Steed

Official Synopsis: "Dr. Brown begins to get under Gamby's skin as she hires someone to evaluate both him and Russell."

My thoughts: "I will never get tired of hearing Russell and Gamby sling insults at each other. "Is this where she lives? It's a real shithole."-Gamby "This is my house mother f*cker!"-Russell Also, this whole Russell and his mother in law from hell has me rolling! They're just going to break into her house for "intel"? This isn't going to turn out good. Damn, they are destroying everything!! Seriously, that lady is gonna be beyond pissed when she sees her house trashed like that. Wait a minute.... wait.... Russell, what are you doing with that fire? Russell, put that fire out! Holy shit, they burned her house to the ground. THAT ESCALATED SO QUICKLY."

Episode Three (Chapter Three): The Field Trip

Official Synopsis: "In an attempt to get closer to teacher Amanda Snodgrass, Gamby agrees to go on an out of town trip."

My thoughts: "Of course Gamby is gonna bully his way onto this field trip. I love that Russell has "intel" on all of his coworkers.... good to know I'm not the only crazy out there. Danny McBride can play a short-tempered, sensitive bully like nobody's business. I know he's a horrible person in this show, but I can't help but to feel sorry for him when the other teachers are mean to him. Where are the adults that are supposed to be watching these kids?! And.... they're drunk. Miss Snodgrass seems like she wants to help and like she's a good person.... but Gamby just doesn't know how to take someone being genuinely nice to him. I mean, she even helps him pick out a present for Janelle. Awww."

Episode Four (Chapter Four): Run For the Money

Official Synopsis: "As their homecoming football game approaches, Russell uses it as an opportunity to take down Dr. Brown, though Gamby is worried it will have negative consequences for the school."

My thoughts: "I understand how these kids feel, my school didn't win a whole lot of football games either. BUT we still loved them and showed support, dammit! Stand up, you little shitheads! I know that Brown is a legitimately good person and all.... but she kind of terrifies me and I think Russell should be more scared than he is. This whole helping their rivals vandalize the school and then pretending to "discover it" with Brown and the others is hilarious. Gamby stop Russell from drugging all those kids! Wtf?! Annnddd.... now they're high from spilling the drugs on themselves. Whoa."

No comments:

Post a Comment