Monday, November 6, 2017

When you decide to cut "all" of your hair off (or in my case, a few inches).

Ok, maybe "all of" your hair is a little dramatic when it comes to me, because I still have a shit ton of hair left.... BUT I did get over a foot of it cut off, so that has to count for something, right?!

See, what happened was I've been talking about getting my hair cut for MONTHS, if not a couple of years. And while I didn't get the dramatic cut that I kept talking about, because I'm a giant puss, I did get quite a bit of it chopped.

How much? Well.... over a foot. And more than four pounds (and I know this, because she weighed it at four pounds and she had already swept some of it up).

Count it. FOUR. POUNDS.

Who would've thought it would be so easy to lose some weight? Just get a pretty big haircut and it apparently does the trick. And it's so hilarious, because I had so much hair chopped off and there's still SO much of it. Usually this is what people look like in the "before" photos when they're going to get a bunch of hair chopped off.

But you know what? It feel better, it's not as hard to brush as it was, I use 3/10 of the shampoo and conditioner that I was using, I have less hair to wrangle and clean up (I shed like a German Shepard), and it just seems generally easier to deal with (which is my favorite part).

And sure, it was cool having really long hair and it made me feel fancy (only in my head, never in everyday life), because society has kind of always grinded the fact that "women should have long hair" into our brains, but this is the length that I always used to wear my hair and I like it.

Next time I go for a trim I might even go shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment