Thursday, March 15, 2018

The three amigos.... Athos, Porthos, and.... wait, wrong movie.

Three years ago today, I shared a photo on social media and I got emotional when it popped up in my "memories feed."

You see, this photo isn't just any old photo to me. This photo has me and the two ladies in my life that I am/was the closest with.... my Momma and Grammy. While Momma and I are still very close and share all aspects of our lives, Grammy passed away in July of 2012. Her passing was sudden, terrible, and painful.

Not just for me, but for Momma and everyone else in our family that loved her. Even my friends loved her and were sad to hear of her passing.... that's just the kind of lady she was. She inspired love.

We were lucky, because Grammy lived with us for the last of her years. And I honestly can't think of anything that I would've loved more. In fact, all three of us did. For quite awhile it was just the three of us, and we took care of one another.... the three amigos.

This photo was taken back when I was around eleven or twelve and as you can see, my hair has been questionable my entire life. But, these two have never cared. They have always loved me for me and I love them for themselves. I am a better person by just knowing and receiving unconditional love from them. I could never explain to them how much they mean to me and how much they are a piece of me every single day. No matter where I go, or what I do, they are always with me.

There are some people that come in your life, and no matter the reason or situation, you carry them in your heart forever. These two are definitely those kind of people. I've never met better and I'm sure I never will. Sure, there are other women in my life that I love dearly, but sometimes it's just different no matter what you do.

With Momma being as sick as she has for the last few years and almost losing her back in July, the thought of having to be without her was unbearable. And now I know what she went through when Grammy was in the hospital. Watching someone you love be sick and knowing there's nothing you can do for them is a tough situation, but when that person is your mother and you love her on that level, it's devastating. I honestly can't think of any other word more fitting for it.

I was blessed, as I got more time with Momma and after that entire set of circumstances, we definitely came out of it with a different outlook on.... well, on everything. I love my Momma and I miss my Grammy.

This is for them.... and it's filled with nothing but love.

No comments:

Post a Comment