Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Yes, I'm still talking about my hair.... apparently women are complicated?!

I've been going back and forth on this whole "should I cut my hair or not" thing. It's easy to make the decision to go short, but I feel like with all of my past hair experiences (by "experiences" I mean trauma) a shit ton little more thought should go into it.

Sure, when we chop all of our hair off and don't like it we can always grow it back, but sometimes it seems like it takes an eternity to grow it back out.... especially if you hate it with a blinding rage.

And yeah, I know it all sounds a little bit dramatic, because you're all like, "damn Katie, take a xanax and calm the f*ck down" but I honestly can't help myself. Is this strictly a woman thing? Because I kind of feel like most guys don't give a shit about their hair (unless they're like my brother and primp all the damn time), they kind of just pick a hairstyle between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one and that's how they wear their hair for the rest of their lives.


Wouldn't it be nice to have that much confidence in your decision making skills? I have literally never been that confident in a decision my entire life.... well, with frugal things that is. The point is, men couldn't give less of a shit about their hair if they tried. Is that how we women are?

Absolutely f*cking not.

Nope. We have to put so much thought into it that our brains hurt and it makes us reevaluate every single decision that we've ever made. Seriously, we start thinking about different choices we could've made in f*cking kindergarten. That's how insane we can get. And not about just one thing, but about a million of things.

I'm not exactly sure why we put that much thought in our hair.... but maybe it's because we don't want to look stupid? But, I'm not sure if we don't want to look stupid to ourselves or if we're worried about looking stupid around other people? And if it's because of other people then we should get the f*ck over it, because the majority of us don't give a shit about someone else's opinion anywhere else in our lives. Why do we continue with it in this area? I don't have the answers to that.

But, I do have a solution.... let it the f*ck go. Just like Elsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment