Thursday, December 20, 2018

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down. ❤️

It's almost like I'm seventeen again.... but with a slightly better haircut and skincare routine. Emphasis on the slightly.

A few months ago (maybe six or so?) a decision was made. It was a big decision. Huge decision. The kind of decision that is more or less life changing and if it blows up in your face, you're left standing there like WTF??!!!!??!?!???!!

There were quite a few people that thought this enormous decision came out of left field (maybe it did a little bit?) and that it is insane (maybe it is?), but the truth is, a great deal more thought was put into it than what they realize. Why?

Well, like I said, we made the decision probably six months ago and then I proceeded to tell NO ONE other than a few select people.

And when I say "a few select" I truly mean it. Only the people whose lives would be directly affected were told.

The decision was that we would get a new roommate.... that was moving up from Florida (1,000 miles away).... and that he would stay.... and that we would all live together.... and that he and I would kind of date.... again. Oh yeah, did I leave that teeny detail out? He's kinda also my highschool sweetheart. And by "kinda" I mean.... he was my highschool sweetheart.

Before you start rolling your eyes and making your list of reasons to have me involuntarily committed, just know, we are all very happy about this. Like, seriously. It's a little ridiculous how goofily happy we all are. Weird.

For the record, it all went down like this, because I'm fairly private about that area of my life (for the most part).

He drove up this past Saturday (12/15) with his dog and a car full of stuff (a very small load, and it just further solidified my stance as a hoarder). His mother and brother rode with him so he wouldn't have to make that ridiculously long trip (around sixteen hours or something stupid like that?) alone and then they turned right around and I had to take them to the airport early Sunday morning so they could catch their flight home. (He would've come up sooner, but his little sister, aka the best little sister I never had, got married on 12/8 and there's no way anybody, myself included, wanted him to miss that!)

I took Monday off, because I figured we would all need time to adjust and organize, but if I'm being honest, we all (him, Momma, our two pups, his pup, and myself) kind of just fell right into it and we've had no problems (knock on wood). Although, now all of us have been super confused this week, because we thought all day Monday was Sunday and our schedules look like a scene from The Shining. But we're all happy, having fun and it feels like we picked up right where we left off (he lived with us back then.... don't ask, long story). We all adore each other and we're officially a family again.

So yeah, there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment