Thursday, January 17, 2019

I'm going to be making a German Chocolate cake this evening. ❤️❤️❤️

(Today is D's birthday and I like to consistently remind him that he's old compared to me.... you know, since his birthday is a little bit less than a month (around three weeks?) before mine.)

Happy Birthday to this dude. The one who’s been dealing with my sarcasm for nearly half our lives and just laughs at it. The one who knows he can reach LITERALLY EVERYTHING, but doesn’t dare try to get something off the top shelf at the grocery store, because he’s heard “I am a strong, independent woman and I’ve been climbing to reach the top shelf my entire life, BACK UP” on loop. And finally, the one who binge watches “Deadly Women” with me and is only mildly terrified that I’ll smother him in his sleep after we go to bed one night. I don't know what I did, but I certainly got lucky and I'm gonna go with it. Why? Because when you have a winning hand, you don't f*cking question it. You just thank your cards and collect the reward. I may be your bitter half, but you're undoubtedly my better half. Love you, Pook. ❤️ 

And while I would like to say I stayed up past midnight just so that I could be the first to wish him happy birthday, I would be lying if it wasn't honestly due to my poor time management skills and insomnia.

But, the point is, it's his birthday and I have to make a cake this evening. And I'm good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment