Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Obviously my first selection is Harry Potter.... and I have no regrets. ⚡️⚡️

Dani gifted me Audible for Christmas (she's so much better at gift exchanging than I am), and to be honest, I had no idea where to start. With the membership she gifted me, I get one free credit a month (you buy the audiobooks with "credits") and you can listen to any of the "Audible Originals" for free.

There are a million books to choose from (you buy audiobooks for Audible through Amazon) and to say that my "Book Wishlist" was long would be an understatement.

I originally decided that my first listen would be "Dear Mr. You by Mary Louise Parker" because I have loved her since she played Ruth Jamison and since it had been on my wishlist for a long while, I thought it would be a good place to start.

Yeah.... I got about 35 - 40 minutes and gave up. I just couldn't get into it to save my life. The cool thing is though, I didn't "waste" my credit, because if you get a little bit into the book and you don't like it, you can return the book and they'll return your credit without charging you.

Since I was so disappointed with my first choice, I had no clue what my next selection should be. So, I went with my comfort zone and chose.... Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The fact that I love Harry Potter is universally known by all my friends and family (and some strangers, but that's not the point) and honestly, I can't believe I didn't think to start there to begin with, as it seems like such a no-brainer.

You see, even though I LOVE Harry Potter, I haven't ever read the first book (I know, treacherous), and I haven't even watched the first movie since Manda's Pa took us to see it in theatres when it first came out (and we were ELEVEN years old). Therefore, starting from the very beginning, and then continuing in chronological order, seems to make the most sense. I've been listening to it for one day (at work while I have the office to myself and prefer it over the radio tenfold) and I'm already almost through chapter nine and onto chapter ten.

If y'all need me, I'll be elbow deep into audiobooking HPATSS and probably watching the movie sometime in the next week. Afterall, I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment