Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.

So.... I watched that new movie/kind of documentary? about Ted Bundy on Netflix. You know, the one with Zac Efron and Lily Collins? Yeah.... about that.

Let's just get one thing straight from the get-go: TED BUNDY WAS NOT AN ATTRACTIVE MAN. Every time I see a documentary/read something about him one of the most often mentioned things is the fact that he was so "good looking" and "charming".

And I'm over here like WWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTT?!?!?!???!!

Even if he wasn't one of the most notorious serial killers on the planet (or, I guess, was) I would still look at that dude and without a shadow of a doubt the first thought that would go through my head would be, that dude is a f*cking psychopath. How anyone could have ever looked at him or see him speak and that not be their first thought is so far beyond me I'll never reach it. Was there no one paying attention? Sure, there are people that are good at hiding the monster within themselves and can convince people that they're amazing and good-hearted people. I'm not disputing that. What I'm disputing is, how did anyone find this man attractive or charming enough to even want to stand near him?!

Ok sure, everyone said that he was charismatic and courteous, but you know who else they say that about? Charles Manson. And.... Jeffrey Dahmer. Oh, and Dennis Rader. Then there was Richard Ramirez. Followed by Joran van der Sloot. Not to mention Adolf Hitler. ARE YOU SENSING A PATTERN HERE, PEOPLE?!!?!

Let's just all agree that a creep is a f*cking creep and Ted Bundy shared in the tippy-top of that list.

Oh, and can we all just agree that women who are "fans", "fall in love" with, and "seek out" these types of people to "share their lives with" whether it's inside or outside of bars are f*cking insane?!

It was a good film and I have to hand it to Jim Parsons on every single level available. He not only makes a convincing prosecutor, but I honestly felt that the actual prosecutor had to feel every emotion that he displayed, because how could he not?!

The movie is set up to almost attempt to make you have sympathy for Bundy, and I'm assuming it's like that, so that when it reaches the end you can feel how all the people involved that were "on his side" and never suspected anything felt. You're meant to feel duped and in turn, maybe have some understanding for the people in his life. And if you knew absolutely nothing about Bundy's story and only had this movie to go on, you might actually feel that way.... personally, I've read a lot about him and watched numerous documentaries, so that feeling never came for me. What can I say other than what I've said before? A creep is a f*cking creep.

What I've we've gathered from this:

Ted Bundy in any capacity = horrific.
People falling for his "charm" = petrifying.
His crimes = blood-curdling.
Zac Efron playing this convincing of a sociopath = confusing.

And finally, just to reiterate one last time, TED BUNDY WAS NOT AN ATTRACTIVE MAN. STOP SAYING THAT RIGHT F*CKING NOW, IT'S CREEPING ME OUT AND GIVING ME THE HEEBEE JEEBEES.

No comments:

Post a Comment