Friday, July 19, 2019

I love our new bed.... but it would be better if only I could sleep (in general).

I woke up at about 1:00 yesterday morning with the most intense pain shooting through my head.

And, it wasn't a headache kind of pain (I'm prone to migraines, so I'm pretty well versed in what an actual headache is), but a legit searing pain that was shooting straight through my head. It actually got to the point that I was sitting up in our bed, holding my head, and rocking back and forth. I took some ibuprofen and even that didn't help (usually that can cut any pain of mine fairly quickly), and eventually around 1:30 I had to get up and get in our shower to let the water beat down on my head.

It helped a little and since it was making me feel sick at my stomach, I figured it was a decent idea to be near the bathroom in the event of upchucking all previous matters.

There for awhile though, I thought I was gonna have to wake D up. I'm not sure what I thought he could do about it or what that would accomplish, but I thought about it for a minute.

Finally, once I had let the shower beat my head for awhile, I laid back down in the bed in front of the fan and tried to go back to sleep. I know this sounds weird, but every time I don't feel "good", whether it be my head, stomach etc., I always take a shower and then lay down in front of the fan and try to get myself as cold as possible. For some reason, the colder I get, the better I tend to feel and it's been like that for as long as I can remember. Apparently my body accepts cold far better than it does heat.

And yeah, I know that's insane, but it's the facts.

Other than that, I just can't seem to fall asleep/stay asleep. And it's not the bed, because it's incredibly comfortable. Not to mention, I love the fact that all five of us (Me + D + our three pups) fit in it perfectly. But, it's me. I've always had issues with sleeping, but it's been months now since I fell asleep at a decent hour and slept through the night. In fact, it's been so long, I honestly don't even remember when the last time was.

But, even though I can't sleep (something I have to tell my doctor about when I see her next month, because she wants an honest update on "how I'm doing/feeling"), at least I have a nice comfy bed to lay in surrounded by this cuteness while I watch tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment