Friday, July 5, 2019

July 4th fell on a Thursday.... and we're all pretty blah about it.

No one wanted to come into work this morning.

And I'm not just talking at my job, I'm talking about across the US. In fact, I found the perfect response to people asking me how my fourth was. I loved it so much, in fact, that I printed it off and I'll be hanging it on the back of my computer at work:

My day off was good.
My 4th was good.
Saw some fireworks. They were good.
Ate some hotdogs. Also good.
Please stop making small talk with me,
my life is an endless tunnel of pain and
you're not helping.

Even though I ate nachos instead of hotdogs, the sentiment remains the same.

Instead of going down for a cookout like we have for years (I wasn't feeling like it and don't enjoy doing all of the same things that Momma and I used to do together, it's just not the same and I don't feel right about it), I decided to stay home for the 4th.

Devon and I ran to the store to pick up stuff for homemade nachos and a few little fireworks and then I spent the day burrowed into my cave with my pups (and of course D) binge-watching the third season of Stranger Things (and OMG y'all!! it was soooooo good!).

We stayed in our fort like this all day (#noregrets) and then around 9:45 last night Bubba and I set off fireworks and we watched the firework show downtown (you can see it from our backyard) for a few minutes and then we all went to bed (well, I showered and then went to bed), where I did get some pretty good pup snuggles last night (Spart isn't a fan of all the noise that was going down outside).

We were all in bed by 11:30, because as I said.... America was independent yesterday, but had to show up for work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment