Monday, July 15, 2019

My house is a mess and I may or may not have a nervous breakdown.

To say that my house is a giant clusterf*ck right now would be the understatement of the century. Seriously, it's that damn bad.

Between living with two boys and three dogs and the fact that I have no motivation to clean, it almost looks like an episode of Hoarders up in there. And while I want it clean, and I need it clean, I can't seem to build up the momentum to actually do shit about it. I know that sounds horrible, but it's just the truth.

We painted our kitchen yesterday and while it's mostly completed, it to feels like a never ending task. Yes, I love the color and am happy that my walls are no longer covered in flat paint, but there's still a little painting left to do, the trim work, and the backsplash. So yeah, there's that.

But, I can't finish that this evening, because when I get home I have to rearrange furniture and try like hell to clean, because we have a bed being delivered tomorrow around 4:00. We currently have a full size bed, but I'm one of those people that likes their dogs to sleep with them, so we are upgrading to a king size.

And apparently D has lost his wallet somewhere in the house that I have taken to calling the pit of despair. So, we have to look for that too. *scratch that, apparently he found it in our backyard? don't ask* Oh, and the outlets in my kitchen are still not functioning even though they have been replaced. Extension cords are now a never-ending part of my life now, I guess?

I've also decided that we should repaint the red walls in our living room a different color (I'm thinking maybe a dark green?), because you can see the lines real bad and it's just not covering like it should. Add that to the f*cking list.

Basically, I'm just writing this to vent and complain and list out all the shit that I have to do that needs done asap and try to figure out where I will get all of this motivation from. All I can say about that is good luck to myself and hope for the best.

Yeah.... that's where I am with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment