Tuesday, August 6, 2019

I haven't had a library card since I was fourteen years old.

Dani and I tend to listen to audiobooks and podcasts at work. We like to have the background noise, and frankly, we're tired of hearing the same four songs on the radio. We've listened to a variety of things from murder mystery to the story of R. Kelly (dude, it was hard getting through that one and that guy is a serious creep! gives me the heebie geebees.).

We even gave The Shining a go for a little bit, but then realized that might not be appropriate for work (even though, most things around here aren't).

I enjoy it so much that Dani even got me a membership for Audible last Christmas (and it's still one of my favorite gifts that I have received).

Currently we are in the middle of The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I'm listening to Dani's new book, The Great Alone, and it's officially on my list of things I have to read on my own IMMEDIATELY.

With all of that being said, Dani let me know that if I got a library card, that I can download apps on my phone and read e-books or listen to audiobooks through those apps. Apparently, it works just like you would check out a library book, but all digital. I can't explain to you how convenient that makes life.

I stopped at the library yesterday on my way back to work (it's literally right around the corner from my house and on the street I take to/from work every day) and picked up a card. It was both hilarious and surreal to know that I am an official "library card carrying member".

Most people that know me, know that I love books. And if you ask anyone that's ever helped me move, they can tell you how many books that I own (they're not exactly light). But, I'm a book collector. I like to hold them in my hands and read page by page, mark the books when/where needed, and I've never been a big fan of "e-books" (even though I read the last two FSOG books via e-books.... and yes, I know those books are ridiculous).

But, I am pretty into this whole audiobook thing and I'm glad that she talked me into it. Not to mention, D and I can check out movies at the library just like I would an actual book. We swung by last night and picked up four (Wars Dogs, Looper, The Legend of Tarzan, and Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates), and I created an account online through the library that allows me to place books/movies on hold and when they're delivered to that particular library, they send me a message that it's ready for pickup. Needless to say, I currently have four movies and endless audiobooks on hold.

All in all, I love it and I dare say, when it comes to this, victory is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment