Monday, October 7, 2019

It's a pretty frantic world that we live in. -Mary Chapin Carpenter

This weekend was.... eventful. And hectic. And chaotic. And *insert all those other things that go with that here*

While I won't go into in depth detail about why or how, just know that I got an unexpected surprise that changes many things. While it doesn't change my life, or feelings, it does change a few circumstances.... honestly that's not entirely accurate, because it does change my life in a sense.

No, I'm not pregnant.
No, D and I didn't get married.
Yes, all of our furbabies are still with us.
No, we're not moving.

While I would like to say it was a relaxing weekend and we got plenty of rest, that just isn't the case. Saturday found D and I running around like chickens with our heads cut off, doing errands, and reviewing paperwork, and essentially everything except cleaning our house.

Sunday was just as hectic with my brother insisting I run his important errands with him in the morning and that afternoon, D's family facetimed us, because his brother and sister-in-law-to be were having their baby shower and they wanted to include us in the event. I sent them a baby gift from us (I forgot until late and it arrived at D's mom's house the day before.... just in time!), and they seemed to love it.

Their babies middle name is going to be Maverick, so I sent a little onesie that had a picture of aviators on it that said "Talk to me, Goose." He was ecstatic. She cried. And now I want a "Talk to me, Goose" shirt.

Through all of that, and all of the things that we got accomplished, do you know what didn't get accomplished? Cleaning the house (I HAVE to do that today when I get home.... it looks like a cyclone hit it!) and sleep. While sleep almost always eludes me (even with my meds), it's still incredibly frustrating when you can't do it while you have the time to. (I couldn't even sleep last night, therefore I was up at 3:00am and have been at work since a little before 6:00am.)

But, we did complete season one of Sons of Anarchy and transitioned into season two, so there's that. (As most people know, I am OBSESSED with SOA, but D has never seen it.... but now I have him hooked!).

All in all, this weekend was.... interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment