Thursday, October 24, 2019

My house is insane and messy and chaotic.... just like my life.

I love my little house. It's sweet, cozy, full of memories, close to my job, wacky, cluttered, eclectic, and most importantly, it's MINE. I wouldn't trade it for the world, and while most people would think that it's "not enough" or that it might not be in the best neighborhood, I would say.... suck it. Because I love it.

I don't really have a style or theme in my house. I'm just not that kind of person. I don't necessarily "decorate" in any way, I just pretty much see something that I like and bring it home. I've always been like that as far back as I can remember. While my friends insisted on painting their rooms certain colors and organizing everything with matching furniture, I was just adding to my collection of nonsense as far as the eye can see.

Momma always joked that I'm a hoarder, and she wasn't wrong. I am. I don't hoard weird things like on that television show (ie: dead animals, trash, etc.), but I do hoard any and everything that I like.

And since my house is so small, and I'm so strange, most people are a little taken aback by the layout of it. Mostly because, the living room is our bedroom, the second bedroom is our spare room (my brother has the first bedroom at the moment), and I have a giant freezer in my living room. Also, the closets are whatever I want them to be and I have cabinets and shelves throughout the whole thing with miscellaneous items. It's weird to people.... but it works for me and I love it.

I was told that was the most important part. Apparently, you're supposed to surround yourself with things that make you happy and organize your life to suite yourself. My life is utter chaos and that's reflected in the house. And I love that. I love that it doesn't work for most people, but it works for me. And I'm going to keep doing it that way.

Sure, most people think it's odd, but I'm odd, and the fact that I can watch tv while laying on my bed eating takeout and reach into my freezer for my liquor makes me.... well.... me. And D and my pups are good with it too. My brother thinks it's insane, and my uncle thinks I'm off my rocker, but honestly have they met me? Of course it is and of course I am.

And the fact that I'm going to just keep adding shit and being weird and hoarding the most random things is so truthful that it's borderline psychotic. But, you know what? I'm good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment