Monday, December 23, 2019

Falalalalalalala..... ugh.

Y'all, it's officially two days until Christmas, and tomorrow we pick D's dad up at the airport. As most people know, I'm not exactly in the "holly jolly" spirit, but the new side of that is apparently I have more anxiety about it than I originally thought and I legitimately have these big red knots all over my face and neck (they feel/look like something between a hive and a zit) and they're extremely painful.

But, I'm just trying to pull through and get this dealt with.... by cleaning the house like nobody's business, wrapping presents (except I'm lazy, so some of them are just in a random box surrounded by actually wrapped presents), drinking copious amounts of wine and liquor, and watching Andrew Conn videos on Youtube. Why? Because the dude never fails to crack me up.

So yeah, that's where I'm at with the holiday season. Covered in painful hives, dreading all things merry and bright, and stressing over the fact that I still have a shit ton of cleaning to do before we pick up D's dad tomorrow. See people, this is why they invented alcohol. I'm convinced the first guy that made wine did it by accident and was just amazed at it's calming capabilities and knew that with the right amount, he could conquer.... or at the very least get by.

No comments:

Post a Comment