Friday, December 13, 2019

Now I just have to wait for it all to get here. (Christmas shopping). 🎄

As most people know, I'm not exactly in the "holly jolly" spirit this year. In fact, I'm never in the holiday spirit, but always celebrated and and did everything I could for the occasion, as Christmas was Momma's favorite. It seemed like far less of a hassle then than it does now. Now, I just want to pretend it's not happening and use my "holidays" off of work to do absolutely nothing at my house.

But, D talked me into a tree (albeit a small/barely decorated one), and with my family, and the fact that his dad is flying up, I figured I should probably get a few presents and make dinner. I didn't do, order, or plan anything big this year. Just some small things and a couple of presents. Although, for some reason I still spent more money than I wanted to?

We were going to take D's dad to see the Newfields Winter Light Show, but I of course forgot to book the tickets and by the time I remembered, the only slot available was at 8:00pm on Christmas night.... so, maybe next year.

I was also extremely lazy this year, as in I didn't shop for one single gift at the actual store. I ordered all of my presents online. (In fact, I put in my very last order this morning). Why? Because the introverted 87 year old man inside of me (aka, my entire personality) didn't want to have to deal with trying to find everybody something at the store and run around like crazy. So, between Amazon and Walmart.com, I think I have it handled.... as long as it all gets here on time like it's supposed to.

For D's side of the family, I sent all of our nephews a set of walkie talkies, with the exception of the baby.... he got a stuffed dragon with his name on it. The adults, his mom/stepdad, sister/brother-in-law, brother/sister-in-law, all got butcher block cutting boards that were personalized. His mom/stepdad's have their names and anniversary carved into it, as well as his sister/brother-in-law. His brother/sister-in-law were a bit more difficult as they're not technically married, but between them they have three boys, so it has their names and all their kids names. And yeah, I accidentally sent his sister's to the wrong address, but apparently she knows the people that bought their old house so that's handled? Also, I ordered his dad a blanket, because even though he's coming up here, I didn't want him left out.

For my side of the family, I got a little something for Dani (and I'll make little treat bags for the guys at work), my brother, nephew, sister-in-law, Aunt Poot, and Uncle D. And of course, for D (who is getting more presents from me than anyone). I think my brother assumes that I'm going to get all of them a bunch of presents (like I said, Momma always did it up big), but he's wrong. All of them (with the exception of D) got two presents apiece from us. It's nothing big, but it's something.

I couldn't figure out what I wanted to get D this year, but once I started thinking about it, I decided on a few things that he had mentioned over the last couple of months. As well as ordering my pups their Christmas stockings, because they're my babies and need presents too.

So now, we wait.... and hope all of this shit gets to our house on time to get wrapped and given out on Christmas (maybe Christmas Eve?). Who knows at this point, maybe it will be 1/2 and 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment