Tuesday, December 17, 2019

I finally had to replace this old guy (aka, our 73 gallon water heater). 🚿

Our water heater has gone out twice this year, and with what I've spent on repairs, I could have bought a brand new one. So, when it went out on Sunday morning, that's exactly what I did.

Did you know that if you buy your water heater at Lowe's you can schedule them to come and deliver/install it for you? (For a fee, of course). Which, was music to my ears, because we have a gas water heater and honestly when it comes to home improvement things like that, I would rather let a professional handle it. I don't mind doing most things myself around the house, but when it comes to major stuff (ie: water heater, electricity, window installation), I try to steer clear.

Therefore, in the last month, we've had our bathroom window replaced, electric in the kitchen fixed, and a new water heater put in. Tis the season, I guess? Oh, and by the way, our old water heater was 73 gallons (wtf?), but I had it replaced with a 40 gallon, because for the most part, it's just me a D at the house.

It was rough not having hot water for two full days, but luckily, I am schooled in the whole having to heat water up on the stove to take a bath and washing my hair with cold water. #Childhood

No comments:

Post a Comment