Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day without your mom is a tough pill to swallow.

Today is Mother's Day, and the second one without Momma being here with me.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have a rough day and I've been a little extra emotional and sad the last few days. Mostly, I feel overwhelmed and exhausted and have spent the majority of my time on the couch watching tv, eating fruit roll ups, surrounded by my pups. It may not be the healthiest coping mechanism, but we all do what we gotta do.

While people tell you that time heals all wounds, I believe that this one will forever be open and bleeding for me. It may become easier to live with over time (though, it feels highly doubtful), but I don't think this sadness or emptiness will ever truly be gone.

But, here I stand. Trying against all odds, doing what I do best. Being my Momma's daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment