Tuesday, June 23, 2020

It's FINNNNAAAAALLLLLLYYY done.

I have always loved tattoos. I don't know why, but luckily with my generation, it's never been a problem. I got my first tattoo when I was thirteen (a rose on the pelvis) and then didn't get another until I was twenty-two (the clover on my right foot). Most people think that's very strange, because people don't usually wait for a decade (or close to it) before they receive their next tattoo. They usually have another within a year or two or they never get one again.

But, not me. Because I apparently have to be strange in every aspect of my life.

I don't care what other people want to do with their bodies. If they want five million random tattoos, then more power to them. How is their body my damn business? But, I've always wanted my tattoos to have meaning to me. The rose was for Momma, the clover for a friend of mine that passed away.

In the last few months (year?), I've gotten four additional tattoos (and D recolored my clover). It all started with me getting Momma's name tattooed on me after she passed away. I know that she's always with me, but I wanted to be able to look down at my arm and see her name and know that I carry her in my heart and mind. Next came the tattoos for my pups. Three small paw prints right next to Momma, because everyone knows how much I love my furry children. The third was my friend Amy's name, that I got in honor of what would have been her thirtieth birthday. She passed away when we were nineteen and I wish we could have seen each other at this point in our lives. And finally, I got a moth on my arm with D's initials under it.

I'll most likely be adding more to the same arm (I think I'm wanting a half sleeve of meaningful tattoos.... to be determined), but for now, I'm just ecstatic that the moth is complete. Sure, it will have to be touched up here and there, but the majority of it is done. Which is a big deal for me, because I had to have it done in so many stages. Why? Because my skin wouldn't cooperate and swelled up so much that it was too painful to continue and then in other areas it rejected the ink. Not to mention, when you have the three cutest pups in all the land, they don't understand why you can't hold them or they can't jump up on you. They just see their mom and want love and attention, so needless to say, they knocked some healing ink loose here and there.

D got it done last night.... and I immediately took a shower and went to bed. Because tattoos or not, I'm still a little old man at heart. Also, I'm hoping the bit that he did heals easier than the rest of it did. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment