Tuesday, June 30, 2020

I'm still exhausted from this past weekend.

Y'all, last weekend was ridiculous and it's somehow still affecting me. First off, our little XurXur started having diarrhea and it got to the point that he couldn't hold it in long enough to even get outside. He was pitiful and it was heartbreaking. Mostly because, his diarrhea was pure blood. It honestly looked like a massacre had occurred and I was tripping to say the least.

One long night with no sleep, a nine hour trip to the emergency vet, blood work, an MRI, and countless other tests later we found out.... well, not what was going on. They were able to confirm that he wasn't bleeding internally from a perforation or something like that and landed on that he had some kind of infection in his stomach/bowels. Needless to say he had to get shots, he's on antibiotics, and we're following a strict chicken and rice only diet for the time being. I'm just glad our babies are all home with us.

Also this weekend, our garage was broken into. We had no idea (our garage is not attached to our house), but our neighbor that lives behind us let us know and showed us his camera footage that had caught what was going on. It's so ridiculous to me that people feel the need to steal. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand what it's like to be hard up and have no clue how you're going to get by. Been there, done that, played in that Lifetime movie. And I don't mean to sound like a ridiculous person or anything, but come on guys, get a f*cking job and quit stealing other people's shit. It's not like you stole food. You stole D's saw, hand sanders, and tools.

Which means, and I feel very strongly about this, get a F*CKING JOB YOU F*CKING F*CK.

Lastly, Dani called me on Sunday to let me know that she wouldn't be in the office all this week. Actually, we have three people out this week and UR and I are basically Lone Rangering it until they all get their tests back for COVID-19. Thanks to Bonehead, we've all possibly been exposed on some level or another, but her family has been possibly exposed from three to four sources. So, who even knows what's going to happen or where we'll all land from here.

I write all of this to basically say, to hell with this year. NO. To hell with the last few years, because it has been a royal shitshow and the amount of ridiculousness that has been going down is unheard of and insane. I read a thing the other day in response to the news that "the latest Saharan Desert Dust Model shows the dust making its way into North Carolina this coming weekend, if current trends persist the dust appears substantial enough to dim our incoming sunlight" weather update and it has never been more true, so I'll leave you with it and call it a day....

"Awesome! I always wondered what it was like to live during the times of the Civil War, Spanish Flu, Great Depression, Civil Rights Movement, Watergate, and the Dust Bowl. Not all at once, mind you, but ya know, beggars/choosers and all."

And dude, that's exactly what all this shit feels like. Like I said, I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment