Saturday, June 20, 2020

Remembering my Momma, the photographer.

I was looking at old blogs the other daynd in the process of that, I stumbled upon Momma's old blog. Even though she didn't have it for long (just for a few short posts in 2008!), I loved looking at it and reading her words. I also loved seeing the old pictures that she shared with people. Why she always thought and said that I was "beautiful" is beyond me, but for some reason, she was always extremely proud of me with everything in life. And, I miss that. I miss her. I can't even tell you how much I miss her. I still cry from time to time (more often than I'd like to admit) and the closer our wedding gets, the more emotional about it I become. I try to hide it the best I can, but I spend alot of time in the shower just crying, so no one knows. Shhh.

My favorite part about stumbling on her old blog though? Remembering the day that she drove me to the "old park" in my hometown (we had only lived back in TN for a couple of weeks) to take Senior pictures of me to submit to our town newspaper. I can remember the freezing cold (I was in short sleeves and a mini-skirt) and all of the laughs we shared. Not to mention, the photographer that was my mother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment