Thursday, June 11, 2020

I found my something old. ❤️

With our wedding happening in just a few months (October), I've been trying to check things off of my list at a fairly consistent rate. Luckily, I've had help with that, because who in the hell knew so much went into a f*cking wedding? I digress.

So far, we've taken care of the people that are supposed to be in the wedding (MOH, Best Man, Officiant, etc.). I think Aunt Susi is going to take the pictures and it's going to be at Aunt Poot's house. The invitations are made (#IDidThatShitMyself) and sent out. My wedding dress is hiding at Aunt Susi's (basically the only "before wedding" tradition D and I are following is the fact that he's not allowed to see my dress until I walk down the aisle) and I even got the shoes!

We're still deciding on food, but I've set up to have our cake made and delivered and got the topper for it. I even picked up some dessert plates, flatware, and napkins. Aunt Poot is looking into a tent with table and chairs to rent and she even got us the cake server and drink glasses for the big day.

We still have to get D a suit, make the table decorations (thank you, Pinterest), pick our pups outfits out, buy more plates/napkins/tablecloths/etc., pick my actual flowers out and up (and make the bouquets, boutineers, and decorations), and settle on the music. We keep going back and forth on what our first dance song should be, but I think we have it narrowed down to two, so at least that's something.

Then it will be just settling on the food and drinks (we have to have alcohol at our wedding, because duh) and getting D's family and my friends into town. Don't worry about me, I'm totally not having a nervous breakdown AT ALL. I'm fine. It's fine. WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?!!?!

With all of that being said, Aunt Susi did remind me about the age old tradition of "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" and while we're not going full on traditional, we did want to have a few traditions stuck in there.

Not knowing what to do, I turned to Momma, as I so often do, and found her gold baby bracelet with her name inscribed on it.

And with finding that, I also found.... my something old.

No comments:

Post a Comment