Tuesday, June 2, 2020

We have to have our kitchen replumbed and I'm about to lose my shit.

Last Thursday night, I was finishing up supper dishes and the water wouldn't drain out of my sink. I thought it was odd, but know these things tend to happen, so I finished up and tried to use a plunger to get it handled. When the plunger didn't work, I decided that the next day I would pick up some Drano from the store and try again.

Two bottles of Drano and countless hours later, D arrived home from work on Friday to find that I had completely disassembled our sink and was on a rampage. Bless his heart, he tried to work on it with some tools, but a "snake" you get at the hardware store only goes so far. I decided to call a plumber and they came out yesterday.

The plumber worked on the lines for a few hours and then found the problem.... our pipes leading from the wall pipe and out are corroded and now, we have to have our kitchen repiped.

Shoot. Me. Now. A different plumber is coming out today to quote me on the repiping and in all honesty, it just doesn't sound cheap and I don't like it. But, I also need to have a fully functioning kitchen. Ugh.... being an adult is hard. Y'all, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment