Sunday, October 17, 2021

One year and all of the love and shenanigans that make our lives ours.

One year ago today, I married the love of my life, and it's been a hell of a ride ever since. 

D and I decided to take an extended weekend for our first anniversary. We never have gone on a honeymoon (Covid) and honestly, we just prefer to stay at our own house. So, we decided that we would take off Friday and Monday so that we could spend four whole days together.

Now, being locked in a house with someone (and I say it like that, because I literally lock the doors at our house constantly.... you would think I have people stalking me or something, but no, I'm just naturally paranoid 24/7) continuously might not sound like fun for some people, but I can assure you that it is.

Afterall, D is my best friend. 

Now, hear me out. I know a lot of people say their significant other is their best friend, because they love them SO much. However, this is not me being emotional or trying to get an aww. The truth is, I literally married my best friend. He's pretty much the only person I hang out with, talk to, do activities with, chill with.... and now that I'm saying it, it sounds like we're very codependent on one another.

Oh well, you live trying to be happy. I have absolutely no regrets with the fact that my husband is my bestie and lover all wrapped up into one pretty/6'3/ass like an apple package. And he's known me since we were fifteen, so he's literally seen me look my very best to absolute shit within two hours of each other. #Anxiety

So, what did we/are we doing for our big weekend? Well.... absolutely not shit. And that's kind of the point. We were responsible adults and did all of our running and errands on Friday so that we wouldn't have to go out after that. We've done a couple of house projects that we've been meaning to do, mostly just deep cleaning the bathroom, painting a little (more to come), hanging some curtains throughout the house, little things like that.

Other than that we've just hung out together, cuddled, played games, watched tv (he even binge-watched the entire third season of YOU with me), caught a buzz or two, cooked together, and basically have spent all the time with our pups and each other. We even made a fancy anniversary dinner together. And when I say fancy, I mean D grilled some filet mignon and I made red mashed taters. Ain't nobody got time, effort, energy, or cash to be going out to fancy places and shit when we can do our own thing at the house that is just as nice.... and I don't have to wear pants.

Since we've been off, D has consistently given me his undivided attention when he isn't asleep, and let's just say that I literally thrive off of it. I usually don't like having attention on me. I'm perfectly fine being off to the side and people leaving me alone. But with him? GIVE ME ALL THE ATTENTION.

Seriously though, I know I'm rambling, but I can't believe that we've actually been married for a whole year. It feels like it was two weeks ago and forty years all at the same time. I am so incredibly lucky to have had D come back into my life at the exact time I would need him the most and didn't even know it. He's my rock, my love, my true north. Literally, my world revolves around that man and our pups and I have no issue with that. In fact, I thrive on it.

So.... here's to us, baby. We're a year in and you haven't even attempted to smother me to death with a pillow yet. You deserve some recognition and love for that, because I am A BUNCH to deal with. You're amazing and kind and funny and smart and loveable and I am quite literally in awe of you. You're simply it, my love.

One year in.... here's to many more to come. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment