Monday, November 22, 2021

Not to be dramatic or anything, but I'm going to ramble until it's break time.

I only work Monday through Wednesday this week and then I'm off Thursday through Sunday for Thanksgiving (I'm also solo in the office this week). To say that I'm excited for that prospect would be an understatement. I'm beyond excited. The thought of hanging out at my house with my hubby (when he's not working) and my pups makes me feel happy.

I mostly want to hibernate. You know, snuggle in with your loved ones and doing whatever it is you want to do. In my case, watching movies, cooking, baking, catching a buzz, doing some house chores at my own leisurely pace, drinking coffee and not wearing pants.

That's right. When D and I are home alone we like to Pooh Bear it. Well ok, mostly me, but you catch my drift.

I also think I'm going to be getting off early on Wednesday, so hopefully my hibernating can start early! If that's the case, D is either going to come home to find me bingeing horror movies, bingeing Yellowstone, or so engrossed into TikTok that I don't know what's happening in the world around me. Definitely one of those. 

It's all good though, because I usually find him so engrossed with COD that he doesn't have a clue what's happening around him either. So, it works out well for the both of us. Did I mention how much I adore my hubby? And also how much I like saying husband or hubby instead of boyfriend? Never thought I'd say that.

I realized the other day that I have officially upgraded from "borrowing my boyfriends hoodie" to "swiping my husbands Carhartt" and honestly, I feel like that's a real good flex for me. Kind of like my sweet spot.

We've also decided to do a nontraditional Thanksgiving dinner this year. Since it's just the two of us (and our furbabies), we've decided to forego the turkey and big dinner and instead have a slightly smaller dinner (but still large for us) of pot roast, taters, rolls, and sweet taters. It's still a larger meal than what we usually have and it's kind of special. We have talked about this kind of thing alot and we've decided that since it's just us and our babies that we will make our own traditions. We'll probably still do some of the things that we've done with our families over the years, but now, we'll do them together and in our own way.

Hence, the nontraditional meals and spending our days however we want to. We don't let other people tell us how to spend our time together and we do whatever makes us happy. He's my best friend and honestly, that's what I'm thankful for this year and all the years to come. So, if we could hurry up and get break time here so I can go home and take off my pants, that'd be great.

Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment