Thursday, December 16, 2021

I have a bunch of half accomplishments, but not any fully fledged yet.

Let's see, what is there to do and how much time is there to actually do it? Oh, that's right.... there's everything to do and absolutely no time to get it done. Got it. Glad we're on the same page. 

#1: Get all utilities and internet switched over to our new building location for work.

     What's accomplished: The utilities are a go and all good. The internet, however? Oy vey. I have never in the history of the universe dealt with such frustrating people. And I worked in a f*cking nursing home, so that's saying something. The customer service and trying to get a straight answer out of them is the equivalent of pulling teeth out of a crocodile. In other words, somebody is about to lose a hand if I don't get some answers soon.

#2: Make beef jerky for people's Christmas.

     What's accomplished: We've started on beef jerky and hopefully with our smoker it will be a shorter process that will yield a lot of results. *fingers crossed* We still need to go and buy more meat, but we're only buying what we need at a time instead of stocking. I don't know if D will stick to this method, but that's what he's going with for now.

#3: Make treats for people's Christmas presents to go with the beef jerky.

     What's accomplished: Well, I finally made that list of things I want to make that I was talking about. And then I stared at it for fifteen minutes and dwindled it down to a more realistic expectation. Another fifteen minutes later and that list was shortened even more and now I have a list of what I'm actually going to try and accomplish. I still have to actually go buy all of the ingredients and make the stuff though. I feel impending doom.

#4: Print off and mail out Christmas cards.

     What's accomplished: So, I actually get to mark this one off the list, because it is the first task that is complete. I stopped at the CVS Tuesday after work and got everything printed off and stuffed all the envelopes and mailed them out yesterday. I'm not very happy with the way they turned out, but I had already paid for them and I'm down to the wire on so much. Hopefully, they're not as terrible as I think and I'm just being picky.

#5: Pack up and move our entire company.

     What's accomplished: There's so much done and yet still a heap of things to do. I've managed to pack up my entire desk/side of the office, but that was just my everyday stuff, that's not including the rest of the office stuff and all the files and equipment. Needless to say, we're going to continue to be busy for the next few weeks. You know, moving everything Saturday and setting up the new place moving forward.

#6: Package up Christmas presents to everyone and mail out to D's family.

     What's accomplished: You know where I'm at with treats and I haven't even bought the containers for the treats to go in, so that should tell you all you need to know about this situation. I swear, every year I always say I'm going to start early and get SO much accomplished and every single year I procrastinate or something major happens and it's an all out shit show of mammoth proportions. But yeah, I'm going to try to get all of this done within the next five days too.

#7: Finish watching Yellowstone.

     What's accomplished: I watched the entire first season of this show (per the request/demand of my SIL) and really enjoyed it. But, even though I enjoyed it I keep putting off watching the rest of it. Maybe because it's so intense? Or, there's so much happening? No, because I like all of those things. Perhaps, I just don't want to get tired of it. Who knows. All I know is I want to curl up into the fetal position, surrounded by my pups, and binge watch this shit with a buzz.

Because this week, the weeks leading up to now, and the coming weeks? Oof.

No comments:

Post a Comment