Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Sometimes you have to paint to your little hearts content.

D decided to start painting our bathroom as soon as he got off work yesterday. Needless to say, by the time I got home, there was literally one stripe on our bathroom wall and painting supplies everywhere else. So, what did I do? I took off my pants and got to work. Because frankly, who in the f*ck wants to wear pants? Not this gal over here.

We've been wanting to paint for a long time now, and we managed to get pretty far, but after the whole living room/kitchen situation, I definitely needed a break. Therefore, we took one and now here we are again. 

The plan wasn't necessarily to get the bath/hall done last night, but once we got started we just kept going until it was over with. Cut to 10:30 at night and my worn out ass dragging into the shower so that I can get clean and relax for a bit before I randomly passed out. I most definitely didn't want to get my ass out of bed at 5:30 this morning.

But, now it's done and I LOVE it. Especially the cabinets. They used to be this ugly brown/grey and wooden color with broken doors that hung by the hinges and were a mixture of nailed/screwed into the wall. D took all the doors off and I painted them inside and out and holy shit, they look SO much better.

I know there are many people that would hate our house or think it's weird, but we love and adore it and like I said, that's what matters to us. Our house is literally what we talked about having when we were teenagers.... you know, within a reasonable budget. Basically, it's just fun and comfortable and detailed to our specifications.

And honestly, I think that's what is the most important to me. Our house feels like our home. It's comfortable and lived in and when I'm there I'm surrounded by fun and love and truthfully, that's all I've ever wanted. 

Plus, can we all just admit that it looks like a crazy twist of mine and D's personalities? Clearly, we are very similar and different at the same time. That's probably why we get along so well. Now, I just need to find a giant picture to hang on the open bathroom wall and it should be all good.

I'm thinking either Charlie Day (which I really want!) or Ice Cube. I haven't decided yet, but all in good time (and fun!).

No comments:

Post a Comment