Monday, December 6, 2021

The inside of our house looks like Buddy the Elf had an orgasm in there.

Can y'all believe that it's already December? Like, whaaa?!! To say that the holidays have snuck up on me would be an understatement. Probably because I'm not a "holiday" type of person, BUT STILL. D is very much a holiday kind of person and was super excited and on edge to start decorating. Dude seriously couldn't wait. He's adorable.

We can't really decorate the outside of our house too much (lord knows there's a million thefts and shady tweakers that live in our neighborhood), so I told D that he was more than welcome to make it look like Christmas threw up in our house. 

I think he got the memo. And then he decided to also get that gold star for best decorating student.


We can't really have a humungous tree. I mean, we could, because lord knows we have in the past, but we have a bunch more stuff in our house than we used to, so having a giant tree would be terribly inconvenient. You know, more so than alot of other stuff. So, when AM gave us a little (three foot?) baby tree, I knew it was perfect.

And the lights? Don't even get me started on that. We have lights everywhere in our living room that leads into our hallway and I'm pretty sure that he's going to continue with the lights all throughout the kitchen/laundry room/bathroom. I don't know for sure, but knowing my husband, that's exactly what's about to happen.

Also, can we all just get it out there in the open right now and agree that these lights are probably just a permanent fixture of our house at this point? Let's be honest, they're up, we like them, so they're probably here to stay indefinitely.

Afterall, the rule of "decorating" our house is if it makes one of us happy, it comes in. Don't get me wrong, we're allowed to veto things we really hate. Like the time D tried to talk me into having adult size bunkbeds. Or, one of the many ridiculous things that I love that would make my husband want to jump off a bridge. Basically though, our house is insane and cluttered and messy, but we love it and it makes us happy. And honestly, that's all we really care about.

Merry Christmas (decorating!)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment