Thursday, May 5, 2022

Wooaahhh, we're halfway tthhhheeerrreee: Post-Op. (Part I).

As I said yesterday, I went to my dentist appointment and started the process of having my top teeth removed and receiving a plate. I had three teeth removed from the right side of my mouth in the back (including wisdom/molar) and had to receive stitches. Not to mention, I bled and am currently bleeding like I've been stabbed.

Was it fun? Hell no. Did I die? Also, no. 

It wasn't fun by any means, but it's over now and I just have to heal up and wait until my next appointment. Which is a week from tomorrow. And yes, I realize that I'm having all of this major work done on Friday the 13th. The irony is not lost upon me. 

I didn't take the day off this time around, but next Friday I will be taking the day off, because my appointment is at 9:00am and I'm assuming that I'll be feeling real shitty afterwards. 

Three teeth this time, seven the next. 

Oy vey. I don't particularly like taking pain meds. I'll take them if I absolutely have to, but I'm not a fan of how sick and gross they make me feel. So, I'm managing this pain with ibuprofen and hoping for the best. Hopefully, I'll be that way next week too. That's the best way to go about it, right? 

Livin' on a prayer.

So.... after work today (I seriously just want to crawl into my bed and stay there for six days) I think I'll pick up my prescriptions (antibiotics, yay!) and try to take it easy this weekend. Because I'll have to take it easy next weekend too. Honestly, it's gonna be rough for a little bit. 

But, I'm a tough cookie. Even though I can't have cookies right now, because I can barely choke down some jello and pudding. But, I digress, because at least this shit show is on the road.

They also took my impressions yesterday. Have you ever had impressions made? If not, let me tell you, I straight up thought they were gonna pull my teeth out of my head while removing them. Those things set up like nobody's business. My dentist told me he wanted to make my new teeth the same size as the originals, because it fits my mouth "well." Which sounded a little weird, but also exactly like what I wanted, so I'm going with it.

If y'all need me, I'll be over here trying not to let my face explode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment