Friday, December 23, 2022

It was a regular ole scene from Mad Max out there.

Y'all, it is frigid ass cold out here in these parts and my hubby and I are battering down for the count!

With the temperature being a "scorching" -10° and the wind velocity increasing by the minute and essentially making it feel as if it's -32° you could say that shit is getting a bit serious. There's snow and ice everywhere and quite honestly, I just want to wear sweatpants and thermal socks and not leave our house for the next... oh, I don't know... six months? Give or take... dependent upon our will towards the end.

D drove me into work this morning, because the roads (and weather in general) were questionable and if I'm being 100% real with you guys, it did not hurt my feelings at all to be chauffeured around in this ridiculousness.

We decided the highway was probably a better choice since it was so early and no roads had been cleared, but it didn't really matter, because they hadn't done anything for the highway either. Basically, D and I took the ice/snow covered highway with no way to see the lines and we hauled ass and were all over the place.

Why? Because it's not everyday you get to reenact a scene from Fury Road with your ride or die quite literally right next to you. We couldn't help ourselves. It had to be done. NO REGRETS.

Also, I totally ignored the fact that I'm the one who essentially taught my husband how to drive in snow and ice, because now that he knows how to deal with it, he feels the need to take care of me that way. And I'm not arguing, because I love that shit.

We finished all the errands we had and all the holiday shit is done (I think?), so if anybody needs us we will quite literally be hunkered down in our house with each other and our pups enjoying this holiday weekend and trying to stay at least lukewarm. 

Wish us luck and stay safe and warm out there, folks! Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment