Monday, December 12, 2022

We do this to ourselves every year... because gluttons for punishment... or something along those lines.

Can we all take a moment to come to terms with how woefully unprepared I am for the upcoming holiday? Ie: CHRISTMAS. I'm not the only person on this struggle bus, right? I have a hard time believing that everyone has all of their Christmas shopping, baking, wrapping, and planning accomplished. 

I mean... it's only the 12th, so I still have plenty of time to accomplish all of our goals and not lose my hair in the process, right?


Guuuuuyyyyyyysssssss..... RIGHT?!!?!

The majority of everything we needed to "get" was accomplished this past weekend after a trip to Costco, a trip to Kroger, and a full Saturday evening (ok, not full because it was only like 45 minutes right before we went to sleep, but still!) spent perusing and ordering gifts from Amazon. 

Now I only have to get a gift for... Greg... and Gabriel... and Travis... and Danielle. Plus, we still have to make all of our "treats" and get those packaged and divided up. 

There still isn't a Christmas tree in our house. I got one out the weekend before last, hated it and put it back away. D and I tried to find our small one that we like, but we found literally every single tree except the one we were looking for. At this point, I really want to get a tree out for D, but I also don't want to deal with it at all.

Also, once I get that dump run I want to do accomplished we will no longer have like six Christmas trees. Another story for another day. 

Adding to that, I have no idea what we're doing in the way of Christmas dinner or celebration. I'm assuming it will be me + D + our pups as usual, but we haven't really talked about it and I don't necessarily want to bring it up even though I need to. 

Eh, potato tomato.

WAIT!! I do know what we're having for Christmas dinner. We got a small ham this weekend! So... we're doing ham, mashed taters, green beans, and rolls. Check that off the list!

As far as celebrating goes, we'll probably do presents in the morning, dinner in the afternoon, and dependent upon the weather, perhaps D will take me for a bike ride. Then maybe we can spend the rest of the day together riding the bike, playing chess, working on puzzles, hanging out with each other and our pups, and just enjoying the day.

Before that happens though, we need to get all the rest of this stuff done. (We started on jerky last night). This week will probably be full of treat making in the evening, because we would like to get this shit done and shipped... at least to his family. We have a couple extra days to get mine done.

At least I get to do all of this with my hubby by my side. I like that we enjoy different hobbies/interests together and enjoy spending so much time together. He truly is my best friend and I believe that this time of year would be extremely hard without him by my side. Actually, all times of the year. He's simply my comfort.

With this ever-growing list of goals that need conquered at least I got our Christmas cards printed and mailed out. Even though they weren't how I wanted them to be. I finally got to the point where I was annoyed with myself and was like just do it! They're not my favorite, but I do like them either way.

If you need me, I'll be elbow deep in flour and jerky seasonings. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment