Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween! We didn't trick or treat but I made movie munch!! 🎃

Halloween is Dev and mine's favorite holiday. We don't necessarily go all out for it or anything (but I feel like we could be those people!), but it's for sure our shared favorite.

There's just something about spooky season that makes everything that much more fun and entertaining. The candy is delicious, fall colors are where it's at, and everyday horror movies are accepted.

Well... accepted by most people. For as much as he loves Halloween, horror movies aren't really D's thing.

However, he makes an exception for me during spooky season because I'M HIS FAVORITE. Ok, not really. I mean, I am his favorite but that's not why he does it. He does it because he loves me. That... and probably because he has me spoiled rotten.

No complaints.

We usually go with Greg and Gabriel to go trick-or-treating but with Dev's health scares this year and with his mouth still healing, we decided to not be out in the frigid weather all evening (we had snow flurries yesterday... not many BUT STILL). Instead, Bub took little man to do their thing and Dev and I stayed at the house and had snuggles, waffles, and Michael Myers.

Also, I made movie munch which is essentially a giant bowl of popcorn with all the other treats (candies, cookies, etc.) cut up and shaken in.

And I have no regrets. There's something about snuggling up when it's cold out and getting something warm in your belly and watching scary movies. It's probably the nostalgic feeling it provides me but either way, I'll take those warm fuzzy feelings.

We even got on a roll and watched two of the three newest Halloween movies. It's late and I have to work tomorrow but I also just want to stay up and keep having this feeling. I feel like this is how content people feel in the creeping hours of Christmas Eve and instead it hits me on Halloween.

Maybe it's weird, maybe I'm weird, but one way or the other, I wanna keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment